Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The World I Imagine

Monday, August 23, 2010

Book Review - The World I Imagine

About the Book
Active volunteer and peace activist Debbie Jordan’s book, The World I Imagine: A creative manual for ending poverty and building peace is a collection of 47 essays originating in the column she writes for the Arizona City Independent Edition. Jordan writes about her personal experiences with volunteering and at times needing a helping hand from others herself.
  • How a more practical approach to advancing age and disability would make better use of human resources 
  • How minimum wage is not enough for many families to make ends meet and without change poverty will not end in the United States 
  • How volunteering changed Jordan’s life and molded her into the person she is today 
  • How parents can inspire their children to volunteer and help those in their community

My Take on the Book I know that for myself I would love to provide my girls a world of peace. Where no wars exist and we can live in harmony with each other and our surroundings. In this book, the author examines whether this type of peace is even possible. I found Ms. Jordan's inspiring and thought provoking. Her book truly stands out as one that will help anyone to make a more sustainable and better world for all.

While this book sets forward the author's dreams and vision for the world, she explains and makes the reader see how simple all of this could be if we all just worked together.

If you would like to get a copy of this book for yourself, you can find it on Amazon!

I could easily see this book being a great one for anyone in a leadership role in today's society, as it only takes one person to strike the match of change!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: