Dad of Divas' Reviews: Nate Berkus is featured in the upcoming March issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, themed “De-Clutter Your Life.”

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nate Berkus is featured in the upcoming March issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, themed “De-Clutter Your Life.”

Decorator guru and host of “The Nate Berkus Show” tells O Magazine what he’s come to understand about paring away the stuff that doesn’t enhance your life, embracing the stuff that does, and what it really takes to finally be at home in your home.

The issue hits newsstands Tuesday, February 15th – please see attached for the March cover.

Finding home:

“For a long time, I was hell-bent on clutter-free living. I was a ruthless editor when it came to my possessions, to the point where my homes were very sparse, very minimal. Then I realized that’s not who I am. I wanted to be surrounded by things that moved me. I wanted to have tabletops piled with books and shells and candles. But it took me a while to let go of this very rigid idea I had of what my space should look like. Once I started letting stuff in, I really started making a home for myself.”

The House Whisperer:

“I find myself helping people in that situation a lot – after a divorce, after a death. They want to do something new. Sometimes they even want to be someone new, and changing their environment can be part of that process. It’s a way to shed your skin. It’s a way to move forward.”

The stuff Nate loves:

“I do [like beautiful things]. But even more than that, I like things that remind me of were I’ve been. Who I’ve loved. Who I love. And where I want to go.”

Nate’s philosophy:

“People first. Dogs second. Things last. It’s a simple philosophy.”
 
 
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: