Dad of Divas' Reviews: Amazing New Charlie & Lola Products Great!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Amazing New Charlie & Lola Products Great!

Slightly Invisible
by Lauren Child
Featuring Charlie & Lola!
On-sale May 10, 2011 ~ picture book ~ ages 3-6 ~ $16.99

“There is a retro feel to the whole Charlie and Lola world; the subject is simple and always about the tiny things in life. Tiny things, that can seem very big when you are four or seven.” –Lauren Child

Charlie and his friend Marv have invented an invisibility potion, which they would prefer to use without Charlie’s little sister, Lola, bothering and interrupting. But when Lola enlists a bit of help it turns out that the strange and tricky creatures have met their match in one very resourceful, inventive little sister.


Charlie and his friend Marv have invented an invisibility potion to help them find strange and tricky creatures, which they would prefer to do without Charlie’s little sister, Lola, bothering and interrupting. But when Lola enlists a bit of help from her invisible friend, Soren Lorensen - not to mention a tea set, a rabbit, a stroller, and of course one or three glasses of pink mil k- it turns out that the strange and tricky creatures have met their match in one very resourceful, inventive little sister.

The Talking Poseable Charlie & Lola Play Set is packaged in a reusable playscene and includes Charlie, standing 12 inches tall, and Lola, measuring 9.5 inches. Kids can bend the arms and legs into any pose for hours of fun. Each character speaks their signature opening line from the book, video and TV episode: "I have this little sister, Lola. She is small and very funny," says Charlie. Responds Lola, "I'm not small. I am BIG!".


My Take on the Products
My girls love Charlie and Lola and as a parent I like it as well. I tend to find many of the shows on PBS like Charlie and Lola to be both entertaining and educational. These products take the best of the show and bring them to life. The DVD is a great collection of the 1st two seasons. I know that my girls will be watching this for some time!

My youngest daughter was VERY excited about the dolls and loved that they talked to her. She is going through a doll phase right now, and with these new dolls we are watching her day in and out carrying them around the house and now even outside to her friends, showing off her new toys!

Finally, Slightly Invisible book This true to the show itself. What was unique about the book was the layout itself. The book used a unique format where words did not always flow in the order you would normally think. This was fun and my girls enjoyed the different style. For me, it took me a little time to get used to the format, but the storyline itself was a lot of fun and my girls have been asking me over and over to read the story. Even my youngest who does not read yet (she is 3) takes the book and now sits by herself and reads through the book in her own way. 

Overall all of these products were so much fun and if you are fans of Charlie and Lola, you and your kids will just love these!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader 
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: