Dad of Divas' Reviews: Canadian Club Sherry Cask Review

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Canadian Club Sherry Cask Review

I was asked recently to try out the Canadian Club Sherry Cask. As I had not tried this in the past, I decided to give it a go and see what the hype on Mad Men was all about. Before I received this though I had to do a little research to find out what exactly a Sherry Cask was! What I found out was that a Sherry Cask is a whiskey that is blended and aged for at least 8 years in Spanish Sherry Casks (Pretty cool, eh). Wikipedia further informed me that eight years is a starting point and that some blended spirits like this can be aged for longer than 8 years to even 12 years or more.

In opening up the bottle, I was first impressed by the traditional classic bottle with wood and cork top. I noticed some quality statements listed on the front of the bottle, that first, each bottle was 82.6-proof and it is labeled with the individual cask that the whiskey came from so you can track it back to its origin (kind of like whiskey genealogy). 


The color is a deep amber and you end up getting sweet aromas of that remind you of caramel, maple syrup, leather and even some dried fruits. Once you taste this the flavor is quite sweet as well and reminded me a bit of roasted nuts. 


There is definitely a smooth aftertaste that was nice as well. I tried it straight, but found that for me it was a bit strong, so then I tried it with a splash of water and it helped quite a bit. I also tried it as a whiskey sour and it provided a nice flavor to this as well, so as you can see this sherry cask is a great addition to any household. 


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.  
------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader 
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: