Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Split, Splat

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Book Review - Split, Splat

About the Book
A delightful, rainy day celebration!

I sing a little rain song, a simple song, a plain song, a pitter-patter-tip-tap-on-the-windowpane song. Drip drop, plip plop, pit pat, split splat! Put down your umbrella! Take off your galoshes! It's time to sing and dance in the rain. When one little girl and her adorable dog venture out on a rainy, spring day, the neighborhood joins her and what results is squishy, sloshy, muddy day fun.

Amy Gibson’s simple, whimsical rhymes and New York Times bestselling illustrator Steve Bjorkman’s bright and sweet illustrations create the perfect celebration of nature and friendship in this springtime, anytime rhyme!

My Take on the Book
This was a fun, well written tale for younger kids. With fun rhymes and beautiful illustrations you can just feel the free nature of this child and the amazing adventure that she goes on with her dog. It brought me back to times when I was a child and went out into the rain, wonderful memories! This book is one to definitely share with the whole family!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: