Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Hunger Games

Friday, February 17, 2012

Book Review - The Hunger Games

About the Book
The New York Times bestselling The Hunger Games, with an all-new cover from the major motion picture!

The astonishing bestseller is now a fantastic movie. Here is the original novel with new movie artwork on the cover.

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

My Take on the Book
This was an amazing book. The author has taken a story of despair and turned it into both a love story, but also a story for survival. There is so much action in this book I found myself reading this non-stop form start to finish and after I ready this I found that I was so excited to read the next book too. While the concept of the book is deplorable in my eyes, I mean sending children to fight to the death is something that I cannot fathom in any society, but saying that though, the author makes it work. She does this through developing characters that you want to root for and characters that you want to hate. Suzanne Collins does a masterful job at developing a world that you can see yourself in and places you in situations where you feel that you are there with Katniss. This is a book that I would recommend to all!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: