Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Empty Promises

Monday, May 14, 2012

Book Review - Empty Promises

About the Book
We all long for more of something in our lives. In our endless pursuit to feel worth and acceptance we find ourselves sacrificing everything for the promise to be a little more beautiful, a little richer, a little more powerful and successful, a little more loved.

How do we break free from these empty pursuits and start chasing the only Promise that will ever satisfy? How do we uncover the hidden idols that are driving us and turn our devotion toward the one true God?

Join Pastor and best-selling author Pete Wilson in discovering the joy and freedom that comes with seeking after God with your whole life. Learn how to replace, and not just relinquish, life's empty promises by turning your focus and worship toward Him. It is the only thing that will set you absolutely free from the endless pursuit of everything else.

My Take on the Book
The author makes you look at the idea of idolatry. He makes us re-examine our own beliefs in God as well as other idols that we may hold dear to ourselves either externally or within out heart of hearts. This is a powerful book that truly makes you think deeply about what really matters and how you should really only place God at the center of your life and how you can do this. I hold no assumptions that this process will be easy, but the author provides some great food for thought and I know that I will be revisiting this numerous times in the future as I work to try and live in the image that I know God would like me to live.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: