Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Thin Ice

Friday, May 25, 2012

DVD Review - Thin Ice

About the DVD 
Hailed as “a crime twist worthy of Hitchcock and dialogue worthy of the Coen Brothers” (Screen Daily), Thin Ice arrives on Blu-ray and DVD June 12 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Starring Oscar®-nominee Greg Kinnear (As Good AS It Gets, Little Miss Sunshine), Academy Award winner® Alan Arkin (Little Miss Sunshine), Billy Crudup (Almost Famous, Jesus’ Son) and Lea Thompson (Back To The Future), this intriguing caper premiered to critical praise at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year.

Mickey Prohaska (Kinnear) is a small-time insurance agent looking for a way to jump-start his business, reunite with his estranged wife (Thompson) and escape the frigid Wisconsin weather. This self-proclaimed master of spin believes that salesmanship is about selling a story — all he needs is a sucker willing to buy it. He hits pay dirt with a lonely retired farmer (Arkin) who is sitting on something much bigger than an insurance commission. But Mickey’s attempt to con the old man spins out of control when a nosy, unstable locksmith (Crudup) with a volatile temper dramatically ups the stakes, trapping him in a spiral of danger, deceit and double-crossing.

The Thin Ice Blu-ray and DVD offers three bonus features including a behind-the-scenes featurettes, deleted scenes and a look at the Sundance premiere. The Blu-ray will feature both the theatrical and Director’s cuts of the film. Prebook is May 16.


Thin Ice Blu-ray and DVD Special Features

  • Behind-The-Scenes of Thin Ice
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Sundance Premiere Featurette
My Take on the DVD
I am a big fan of mysteries and intrigue, and when I heard this movie related to a Hitchcock film, I knew that I needed to watch this for myself to see what I thought. In watching the film I would have to say that the start of the movie drags a bit as you are getting some of the back story. That being said, the movie does quicken as it moves along and I was impressed with some of the twists and turns that the writers and director take the viewer on.  The acting was strong and as a fan of both Kinnear and Arkin, I have to say that they both did a superb job with their characters. The movie was fun and enjoyable and I sat on the edge of my seat waiting for the next card to fall and for the mystery to be revealed and you will too!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: