Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Heirs of Prophecy

Monday, June 11, 2012

Book Review - Heirs of Prophecy

About the Book 
The Riverton family had been enjoying a simple summer vacation when, through a fluke of nature, they found themselves in a strange land.

The Riverton brothers quickly realize that in this world, they have gained unusual powers. Powers that their parents fear will attract the attention of Azazel himself – the merciless wizard who brutally controls this world. The two brothers soon learn that an ancient prophecy has finally been initiated by their arrival in Trimoria. As the heirs of this prophecy, they are destined to lead the armies of men, dwarves, elves, and even a misfit ogre against the prophesied demon horde.

Only one thing stands in their way. The evil wizard who has learned of their presence, and has sent assassins to wipe them from existence.


About Michael A. Rothman
The author is an Army brat and the first person in my family to be born in the United States. This heavily influenced my youth by instilling a love of reading and a burning curiosity about the world and all things within it. As an adult, my love of travel allowed me to explore many unimaginable locations. I participated in many adventures and documented them in what will be a series of books. Some might put these books in the Fantasy genre, and I never had issues with this label. After all, the adventures were, without any doubt in my mind, fantastic. I simply quibble with the label of “Fiction” that some might put on these tales. These tales should be viewed as historical records, more along the lines of a documentary. I’ve learned one thing over the years. Magic is real. Keep exploring, and you too will find your magic.

My Take on the Book
This book was so well written. As someone that reads a lot, and appreciates fantasy books entirely, the author has done an amazing job at creating a world that simply stands out amongst others. The author also has developed a great line of characters for the readers to connect with. My daughter is starting to enjoy fantasy books to so I gave this to her to read and she loved it - she actually asked me to sit down and read it with her a second time and we are in the midst of doing this now!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

2 comments:

Michael A. Rothman said...

Thank you for the kind words, they are appreciated. Am glad you enjoyed the tale and know there are more where that came from. ;-)

-Mike Rothman

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I love that you are sharing this with your daughter! My dad introduced me to fantasy novels when I was very young and my love for those books has stuck with me ever since.

Thanks for being on the tour!