Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Futurama: Volume 7

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DVD Review - Futurama: Volume 7

About the DVD
Crank up the gravity and put your head safely in a jar! It's Volume Seven of FUTURAMA - the animated sci-fi comedy from The Simpsons creator Matt Groening. Crammed with a whole new dimension of extras not shown on TV, this cosmic collection includes 13 bizarre and brilliant episodes involving ancient prophecies, Presidents' heads, robot gangsters, angry butterflies, and of course, sausage-making. It's a shipload of futuristic fun!

My Take on the DVD
Seeing that I have watched quite a few of the earlier seasons I have to say that Season 7 by far was better than Season 6, but also stands out to me, as one of the better Seasons overall. With strong writing that leaves you wanting more, this to me is the hallmark of a good Season. The writers in the series challenge the status quo and put forth some topics that would be taboo in other television series'. I applaud them for taking this stand and doing something different than has been done before and what the viewer gets in return is a great series that sometimes can be seen as a bit off color at times, but overall funny and definitely entertaining. I highly recommend this season and this series to all!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: