Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - Scribblenauts Unlimited

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Game Review - Scribblenauts Unlimited

About the Game
Scribblenauts Unlimited is a side-scrolling Puzzle game with a substantial Action component, in which players use a magical in-game notepad to create objects that are used to complete tasks and challenges that are placed before them. Once created, objects are stored in the game's object library, and can be resummoned using their given name, and even altered for use later. Additional features include: the return of the series hero, Maxwell, now with a deeper storyline; an open world game design featuring themed play areas; hint functionality; and 3DS StreetPass functionality that allows created objects to be shared wirelessly with other nearby players.

An All-new Unbound 3D Scribblenauts World
Scribblenauts, the best-selling, award-winning puzzle game franchise that challenged players to imagine anything and bring it to life, is back with Scribblenauts Unlimited for the 3DS, featuring more expansive gameplay and setting no limits on how the player uses his or her imagination within the game.

Created and developed by 5TH Cell, Scribblenauts Unlimited features a huge side-scrolling open world with new, high-definition hand-drawn scenery and objects. Venture into a wide-open world featuring gorgeous 3D elements where the most powerful tool is your imagination. Help Maxwell solve robust puzzles in seamless, free-roaming levels by summoning any object you can think of. Leverage the 3DS' Street Pass functionality to see all of the creative solutions to puzzles by players in your area. And for the first time, learn the backstory about Maxwell's parents, 41 siblings (including his twin sister Lily), and how he got his magical notepad.

Key Game Features

  • All-New Unbound World - Explore an open universe with unlimited hours of fun using every level as your playground
  • Object Library - Store previously summoned objects and your own creations in Maxwell's "magic backpack" for easy access and future use
  • Merit Board - Each world comes with a comprehensive list of hints, including the new "Starite Vision" helper highlighting all nearby starites and starite shards
  • Street Pass - Leverage the 3DS' Street Pass functionality to see all of the creative solutions to puzzles used by other players
  • Unique, Adjustable 3D Effects - Utilize the adjustable 3D effects of Nintendo 3DS to experience the fun of Scribblenauts Unlimited in a ways not possible in other game versions


My Take on the Game
This was a fun game! I had not tried this before so I did not know what to expect, but I have to say that I was impressed with a number of things. First, I enjoyed the story sequence and the overall concept of the game itself. Second, The overall HD quality of the game was amazing and as a player you get some great add-ons that the designers threw in to enhance the overall game play. Third, the overall game play itself was a lot of fun, and there were a ton of areas within the game, where I felt that I was not going to be getting board anytime soon (that's for sure).

Seeing that I had not tried this game in the past, as I mentioned, I had no basis to criticize from the past. That being said I was very impressed overall with the game itself and I, along with my eldest daughter had a lot of fun with the game and the characters within it! I highly encourage all to explore this game, as I believe that you too will find it to be a blast!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: