Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas

Friday, September 20, 2013

DVD Review - My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas

My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the DVD
Grab the tinsel and stockings! Just in time to celebrate the holidays, My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas is coming back to DVD October 8, 2013 from Shout! Factory Kids in collaboration with Hasbro Studios! Originally released in 2005, A Very Minty Christmas is the first film to be released from Shout! Factory’s new My Little Pony Classic Movies reissue program, which will make favorite titles available to fans once again.

The “Here Comes Christmas Candy Cane” is an important part of Ponyville — it’s the beacon that shows jolly old Santa Claus the way to the town as he makes his holiday rounds each year. But when Minty accidentally breaks it, uh-oh! It looks like Ponyville is destined to have a bleak holiday season. Minty is determined to do anything to save Christmas for her Pony friends while they, in turn, band together to try and cheer up their despondent friend. Together, they all discover that Christmas can come anyway, wrapped in the love of good friends and the oversized heart of one little clumsy, minty-green Pony!

The My Little Pony brand has been beloved for three decades, and is now more popular than ever. My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas is a gift everypony will love!

Bonus Feature:

  • Sing-Alongs


My Take on the DVD
This was a great new DVD perfect for the upcoming holiday season. My daughters are both My Little Pony fans, so they got right into this and afterwards when I asked what they liked best, they both said "all of it", good description right? I have to say that in watching this, I loved some of the underlying themes that were in it regarding friendship and sharing. While these two messages are ones that I have seen in other My Little Pony shows. This was a great throwback and because it originally came out when my oldest was only one she did not see it previously. Overall, this is a great movie for any family to get their hands on especially if your family are fans of My Little Pony, but also if you enjoy exposing your kids to well done cartoons that have positive messages. I highly recommend!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: