About the Game
No One is Immune to Sudden Death on this Reality TV Show! Ever since the Secret of the Scarlet Hand, the eccentric Sonny Joon always seemed a step ahead of Nancy Drew. That changes when Nancy and George travel to New Zealand and compete in the hit reality TV contest, Pacific Run. Sonny runs the show, but it’s spiraling out of control. Are the mishaps the result of cheating competitors or something beyond this world? Win big to uncover the truth!
- Take on teams of competitive contestants! Collect medallion pieces by beating other reality TV teams in a series of contests
- Quiet on the set! The producer areas are VERY off limits, but solving puzzles will get you inside the mines and even an undersea submersible
- Forge alliances or betray allies! It’s your choice. Just remember that some contestants bend rules—others won’t hesitate before breaking them
- Take a squiz at the Kiwi way of life! Play mini games and learn about New Zealand plants, geography and native Maori words
- Select difficulty levels! Compete at amateur or master sleuth level and erase any mistakes without starting over
My Take on the Game
I have been playing these Nancy Drew PC games for a while now, and my daughter and I always are excited when a new one comes out and this time was no different. To put it bluntly, I was very impressed with Nancy Drew: The Shattered Medallion. In this game you are going to be challenged by the puzzles, while also drawn into the story itself. The graphics were strong and it was fun to be able to explore the world of the game itself while identifying clues.
I was surprised in this game to not really have an antagonist per se. Usually in the games there is an evil character that acts in this role, but in this game I felt that this was missing. This does not mean that the interactions between the characters were not strewn with innuendos and veiled contempt (at times) as sometimes it was.
One of the things that anyone playing these games for a while will appreciate is that you finally get to meet Sonny Joon. This was an event that has been anticipated for a while and even when you meet him here there is mystery behind his appearance that brings even more fun to the overall game itself.
The game offered great game play that lasted quite a while of stopping and starting. My daughter did not want to stop but we had to pace her.
In the end I have to say that though this game did not have a HUGE mystery as a part of it, it did have a deep story that was built into it that will help you to better understand the characters and delve even deeper into their interrelationships.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org