Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Disney Parks Presents: The Haunted Mansion

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Book Review - Disney Parks Presents: The Haunted Mansion

Disney Parks Presents: The Haunted Mansion

 photo disclaimer_zpsd3x74ej2.jpg


About the Book
The song "Grim Grinning Ghosts," composed in the late 1960s, continues to reside in the dark corridors and spooky cemetery of the Haunted Mansion. Millions of guests leave the mansion with not only a hitchhiking ghost but also this jaunty tune catching a ride all the way home.

In this hardcover jacketed picture book, James Gilleard's shadowy, textured illustrations accompany the lyrics of the classic song, and together they take readers on a guided tour deeper and deeper into the mansion, from the portrait gallery and seance room to the grand hall, the creepy attic, and more.

This charming picture book including a CD featuring the song "Grim Grinning Ghosts" is the first of the Disney Parks Presents picture books.



My Take on the Book
I know from the moment I opened the book (even without the CD) I found myself singing the Grim Grinning Ghosts song to myself. This has always been a song I loved hearing when visiting the mansion for myself. The book walks you through parts of the ride with wonderful images and a great cadence.  The book will have you humming, singing and simply having a great time with your whole family.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: