Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Book Review - I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980

I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980

 photo disclaimer_zpsd3x74ej2.jpg


About the Book
It was one the most beautiful mountains in America, Mount St. Helens, in Washington State. But what many didn't know was that this peaceful mountain had an explosive past. For more than a century, it had been quiet. But below ground, pressure had been building, and soon, Kaboom! Mount St. Helens would erupt with terrifying fury.

Eleven-year-old Jessie Marlowe knew the mountain well, and like many, she never imagined that this serene wilderness could turn deadly. But on May 10th, 1980, Jessie finds herself in the middle of the deadliest volcanic eruption in U.S. history. Trapped on the mountain, she must escape clouds of poisonous gas, boiling rivers, and landslides of rock, glacial ice, and white-hot debris.

The newest book in the I Survived series will take readers into one of the most environmentally devastating events in recent U.S. history.




My Take on the Book
Another great adventure in the I survived series. My daughters have loved learning about disasters like this through the lens of this series and this book was well written and really allowed you to explore the eruption of Mt. St. Helens in a whole new way. The book is full of adventure, intrigue and more. It was a ton of fun to read with my daughters and you will love this book too!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: